The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Welcome aboard!

We farm about the same acres with a 6620 and we love it. Small family farm, so we have mostly older equipment but it's all paid for.

Our's has been pretty reliable and is still low hours so I'm not sure what to look for other than keep it clean, especially under the cab.

One thing to watch for on the platform though, depending on what model it is. If it has rollers on the left side of the reel, watch for wear on the cast ring inside the reel. If the (when) one of the rollers seize up it eats up the ring. If it wears enough the reel could fall off.

Didn't happen to mine, it was getting close though, but it did to someone else on the board.

Other than that, good luck. They're solid machines, not as fast as a new one but it'll do the job.

· Registered
29 Posts
Yup, between the feeder house and the cab. A lot of trash tends to build up there, good place to start a fire.

As to the curtain I'm not sure what you mean. I'll have to take a look and see if I can figure it out on the machine. I couldn't tell from the drawings on jdparts.com.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.