The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone , I´m thinking of buying a 4420. was wondering what the parts availability is like in the states , main reason I´m thinking of buying it is because, we already have a 7720, but the terrain is usually wet and very soft at the start of our harvest season for corn , so I figure the 4420 is a flyweight next to the 7720 and hence I should have fewer problems with the gettin stuck and all. What do you all think .

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I own a 4420, in MI, and so far I've been able to get any parts I've needed. I've got some wet conditions as well and it will go through a lot.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've got a 4420 and I've never had any trouble getting parts at the local dealer. Though I've been told that some parts for the 20 series combines aren't made anymore. Of course there's always Shoup or a junkyard

·
Registered
377 Posts
We had a water pump go on our 4420 last year, dealer had new one 2 days later. I think most parts one 4400's are same for 4420, maybe even 4435's so parts still not hard to get.

Also, going 7720 is going to be slower harvest for you. We run 213 grain head and 4 row for corn.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hello everyone thanks for your comments , been away for a while so I hadnt checked on the board, finally ended up buying a 4400,much cheaper than 4420s, now im wonderin if a 218 grain header that I have may be too much for the little 4400. Thank you all. Gravy what are you asking for your 4420?

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I'd say your 218 is in fact too much. Even if you could handle the crop with low ground speed, the rear end is awful light. If you run a straw chopper, that obviously would help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts