The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice looking 4420! Mine looked that nice till our Coverall blew down and put some dents in it!

That second pic, did you put bin extension on or it that a cover or some sort?

How many hours on it btw?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Heres the 3300 I fixed up this year for wheat and veggie seeds this year, didnt think Id do much with it this season but it ran like a top and didnt use much fuel. This job was four 38" rows between second leaf almond trees

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phishstik,
1985 4420, 359 engine, around 3800 hrs.
The second picture was taken right after we bought the combine. The top of the bin was a plywood extension that was bulit by previous owner, we took it off after that first year.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not nearly enough. My brother and I farm 90 acres after full time jobs. I wish I had more ground, but I'm not a millionaire and you almost have to be one of the bigshot farmers to get a foot in the door for renting acres in my area. Thanks for combine compliment, btw.

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is our 4420. Last owner kept it in perfect condition, he kept a well documented owners manual as well. I think we got this in.... '02 and it amazingly only had 800 hours on it!

Now it does barley, soybeans and corn for our dairy farm. Its almost at 1400 hours, still low but that doesn't mean its without problems. Been a bunch of bearing changes done and new water pump. Just cause its low hours doesn't mean actual machine age wont catch up!

Original owner did a auger extension on it, and it was top notch job. Second pic here is from last winter when very high winds, and sloppy soil conditions almost lifted our entire cover-all right outta the ground.

The 4420 went from being museum quality, to dents, scrapes and worst part a arch went right through the straw walkers at the back. Its all fixed and going again now, but will never quite be the same.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts