The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking for a smaller combine and have considered a 4420 or a 4400. While looking I have ran across the 4425. I haven't ever known anybody to own one of these machines. Can someone share their knowledge about this machine. Anybody ever had or ran one before? Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I THINK the "5" means it was made in Europe, specifically Germany. At least that's where I read the 4435's were made. Have heard stories about engines on the 5's blowing.

Also, maybe all the nuts n bolts are metric? Could be annoying

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
They are about the same, made in Germany. I'll say to you don't buy it. Worked on a couple and wasn't fun to work on. The cab is in the middle, the engine is in the back and looks OK but the ones i was around aways broke down, many times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
We had a neighbor that had a 4425. It was a good machine until he needed a part and then he struggled getting them. We had a 4400 at the same time and never had a problem with parts.

If you are serious, I would ask a local dealer about parts. Older machinery breaks. Parts availability is key to owning older iron.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts