The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know its a long shot as there are very few out there yet but....
Its a 45' flex from honey bee works great but having some trouble in wheat with bad saw fly, it will not pick it up unless cutting right on the ground, but the land is very rocky so I dont want to cut it on the ground. Have tried lifters but the dont help either. Have tried knife angle, reel hight, for/aft and finger pitch. Im out of ideas, Did i miss something?

·
Registered
922 Posts
I am afraid I will have to agree with linuxfarmer Have been exspermenting with sold stem not happy so far not near the yield even with 2to 15 bu laying on the ground sold stem just dont yld so as good in my test plots?? seems like the thicker the wheat less saw fly damage not that it is not there but is I think just more protected next year I think I will try mixing solid stem in with my wheat cut asap and try to cut the most vulnerable to to pest and wind first. Sorry I don't have any better advice... does your saw fly seem more prevelent in no till. does here.. I know Montana state is doind a bunch of reserch if I hear anything I will let you know

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think they were looking at differt wheat varieties & i think possible some way to make saw fly sterl I am going moose hunting in Alaska for ten days I leave Sunday still tring to get all my stuff ready when I get back if I am not in the middle of planting I will get ahold of them & try to find out any info post here

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, finnaly got all the wheat off, just ended up not looking after I combined to see what I was missing..lol Sorry I have no pics. It seems to follow well, have only cut about 40 acres in flex as that was all the lentlis that were left by the time it arrived. Seems to feed fairly well, dont know if youve seen them or not but it has a very wide centre draper (actually a double draper)and a wide drum which help alot. Did some stright cutting canola. And was i immpressed it was a high yeild crop too, very fluffy and would feed perfect all day at just under 8mph, but when you really pushed it faster then that the header could not keep up, I dont think it would be a problem if it had a cross auger(pea auger) Lots of little problem so far but nothing major, oil leaks, air lines not tied up properly and leaking. Have about 1500 acres left, so we will see how the rest goes. I will see if I can get ahold of a camera and get some pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.