The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
I have the Reliabelt 55 footer. Really like it. A little slower in peas I guess. mostly depends on elevation of conveyor. Steeper angle means less capacity. But I think it is right in there with my 12 inch sakundiak auger for capacity

·
Registered
680 Posts
Demoed a 45 foot reliabelt during last seeding for filling the drill. Was impressed enough to purchase one for next year. Went with the 55 to make it easier to load from trailers. My plan is to put a weatherproof camera and display on it so I only have to climb up the drill to open the tarps. Plus it fills so fast I can't run down the ladder fast enough to close the trailer slides.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Have a Brandt 1545. Its been a fantastic auger. Only issues have been with 30hp Kohler but I think I have remedied that with a new 26.5 EFI Kohler. I really like the looks of the new Brandt 2045 conveyor, except the drive belt seems a little small for the job. I demoed a 10-20-55 Reliabelt this past fall and was pretty impressed. It was extremely fast; loaded 44T on super B in 9:45 and that includes moving between trailers. I was running this thing to max capacity and the belt moved so fast some lentils would fly over the tube near the intake and also some lentils would come back down the bottom of the tube from the top of the auger and pour out near the intake as well. I only ran it full blast but I think running it slower would have helped with those problems. The 40hp Kohler on this thing was awful. Extremely loud and very tough to get going, even in the warm weather. Hated the engine. The hopper seemed flimsier than the Brandt but cleaned out quite a bit better. It is almost a 2 man job running an auger of this speed to capacity; one guy at the truck and one guy at the bin. I would not run this auger anywhere near capacity if filling a drill tank.

I decided to go with a Reliabelt 10-20-90 with beaver tail and diesel motor so that I could use it for loading and unloading bins. I've had it for a month and its been nothing but trouble. Chews up hyd pump belts like crazy when using the lift control and main conveyor belt was too long from factory so dealer cut out 18" and re-spliced and yet it still wouldn't work, just slipped on drive roller even with the auger empty. They just put another couple springs on the slack eliminator so hoping that fixes the problem. My guess is the smooth drive roller doesn't provide enough traction in dusty product (like fertilizer) causing the slippage. The other mfg's use a piece of ribbed belting and I've never seen slippage of a properly tensioned drive roller on either a Brandt or Batco. The dealer has been busting his butt to try and get it working and that has been much appreciated. So far I'm very dissapointed in this extremely expensive auger after having had a good demo of a shorter unit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have had a Brandt 1545 for 2 years also, great addition to the farm. I haven't timed it but when moving grain in the yard using 2 trucks and a Brandt 13 x 71HP I don't have to wait long. My Kohler engine has worked fine thus far.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I also have a Brandt 1545 with a 26.5EFI Kohler. I've only had it for a year but so far I really like it. It will load a b-train in 15mins including moving trailers. Have heard that it takes awhile for the belts to warm up in the cold but I haven't noticed that, although I haven't used it in extreme cold yet. The belt tension guide is a easy way to see when the belt needs tightening or which side needs it. Next auger engine I get for an 8" auger will be this EFI engine as it starts right up, runs smooth and no backfiring when shut down. Only downside is I don't think they make an EFI any bigger.
As far as the other brands, I can't comment too much as the only other one I looked at was the Batco. I didn't care for the engine mounted up top and also the mover wouldn't of worked with our raised concrete pads underneath the hopper bins.

·
Premium Member
924 Posts
Batco work good only trouble with the latest ones are the Chinese hydraulic cylinders on movers leaking. Complained to batco and they gave me a new one as my batco was new when this started. Looked at conveyall at crop production show and they seemed well built. Do like their motor being lower.

·
Registered
4,669 Posts
Anyway, we bought a 1545 brandt and same size batco. Ended up selling bayco and bought another brandt. Didn't like the engine up high, the long choke and throttle cables are sure to be a problem down the road. Found the brandt a little quicker. I do like how the reliabelt looks but have not used one. In the next year or so the mover on the 1545 Brandt will drive the big main wheels instead of the steering ones, this will greatly improve traction in snow or soft yard/field.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
So I priced a Brandt and a convey all 45 footer today. You guys that have the brandt. Some have a 30 hp Koehler others a 26.5 efi Koehler. Is the 26.5 as strong as the 30 given it is Efi. To me under 30 hp wouldn't be enough for these conveyors. 3 k difference in price between the convey all and Brandt

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
The convey all that I used was a 38hp I believe and convey all uses all hyd drive which is going to use a lot more power. I would go with the 30, I've used my neighbors older Brandt one and its limiting factor is power.
That makes sense now that you mention the hyd drive

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.