The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of trading my 9420 on a 450 versatile just wondering about a couple things. 1. Are they not as loud as the 435's or 535 in the cab. 2. Its just going to pull 51 foot air drill is the cat powershift a good option to have.(not many hills) 3.Has there been any issues with the new tier 4 engines in them.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
We have a 500, I'd say it's quieter. The powershift is pretty good if you don't shift from 5 to 4 too often. No issues with the engine so far.

Tractor has allot of bugs, you'll get to know your dealer pretty good. Hopefully they are actually fixing the problems.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rented a 450 to do some tillage during the last week. Right off the bat it started throwing different codes. Finally replaced fuel rail sensor and got that solved after 3 days of getting nothing done with it. Fuel gauge wasn't accurate, the temp control in the cab is a joke jumps from blazing hot to cold constantly. Radio stations don't come in very well and I thought it seemed louder than our 435. Couldn't hardly talk on the phone in it. Does seem to have a bit more power than our 435. Both have the manual trannys. Our 435 has the temp control issue too and the radio one also that I solved by putting a external antenna. Was thinking of possibly trading for the 450 but when the heater hose blew the final night while I was running it while going down the road at 11pm and seeing how thin chinsy hose they used I decided to keep the 435 which has been trouble free. I feel they really cheapened the tractor up such as the hood panels and maybe hoses and stuff. I did like the cab roominess and visibility better. Didn't really care for all the button operated light switches and other controls. Seems to be way to much extra uneeded stuff just to try and be fancy.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Put 350hours on 450 without the power shift and the electric over hydraulic. Like stated has a lot of bugs to get worked out, soft ware updates, which just talked to dealer and have a new update that works. Tractor rides nice and the cab is comfortable, but quiet isn't a word I would use in the cab. Have had a lot of trouble with the doors, being locked in and out. There is a little cable that breaks, the hydraulic remotes are junk, replaced several already. Update on these also, taking tractors to dealer so can start fixing and updating. Lots of little things that are just annoying being new. Get the bugs worked out they should be good tractors. Hope this doesn't sound to bad, we have been running Versatile for 30 years so not trying to destroy them. S

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Does anyone know which dealers or dealer network deals with the new Versatiles...for 90K less, wow that is a pile of money, to spend elsewhere, good deal
Kasha farm supply at Eckville is also a versatile dealer, they maybe close to you than trochu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.