The Combine Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there guys i am looking for abit of advice on the sunny brook and pf parts enhansments, i have a 97 model CTS with 45ft Midwest drapper on it, i have put a full wire concave in it just wondering am i going to see worthwile improvements out of the pf or sunny cylinder ? should i run a new beater in conjunction with it ? i also noticed you can get a beater speed up kit is this an advantage on the CTS or will it overthrash and crack grain? if anyone can give me some advice it would be greatly appriciated cheers. tried to upload image but can't get photo to stick for some reason ? can anyone give me a tip

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I have got the pf parts beater and cylinder in a cts11 and it does tend to over thrash the material in our conditions, I assume you are in australia if you have a midwest front, email me with your number if you want to talk about it; Installed mine last year, fairly major operation. I am south coast western australia. There are a few posts on here you could search for save writing a long explanation. You will not need the speed up kit as it works different in a cts compared to a walker machine. The cylinder speed is not tied to the beater speed in the cts, it is just a two speed unit.

The cylinder and beater were worthwhile mods for me, but you must run lower cylinder speeds to keep it from overthresthing . probably cost around 12-14k installed only from memory.

This is a link to a previous thread

http://combineforums.proboards.com/index....ad=18332&page=1

·
Registered
329 Posts
hello shooter how does the cts go with the 45ft front how many tonne hour in wheat. have you got the hart carter reel or the new midwest one. thank you.

·
Registered
86 Posts
i was talking to a mechanic today and he said they haven't put in too many beaters compared to cylinders, so guys are just putting in cylinders and the deere beater keeps up fine

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
G'day lucky i am fairly biast about the cts i love the concept (probably because i don't have a 70 series) iam pretty happy with the capacity i can get out of it , in 10/12 bag ac crop usually around 35t though in 30 bag around 40t , it is a pearler in sorghum like most machines, can peel of 80t in a heavy crop, the main enhancements would be the nicholls full wire concave, power chip is a must (not sure how much boost but allways a steady stream of smoke out the stack when youre feeding it) spacer kit in the the rotor concaves and split precleaner is a bit of a help, i just put an elestric sieve kit in the precleaner , should be handy to just fine tune on the go, old technology now i know but still abit of a novelty for me on the cts. good machine in light 6 bag crops and long runs can get obout 45/50 acres ph out of it, auto steer and some good lights are a must though. unfortunately my front has the hart carter reels nothing worse than buying something and finding out there is a model change as you pick it up, nether the less i have only done around 300ac with the pickup i have since cut down 2 36ft jd bat reels, abit nicer to know youre not wearing the pipes and bushes out when racing around in light crops, thought the way the season is shapping up i may need to stick them back on this year. i had to get a extra long auger extender made up to reach the chasser bin also put another bracket to carry the auger when folded in. love the Midwest front the manouverability of it is unreal i wiil post some pics of a harvested then winrowed oat crop i did last year, massive crab holes not a 15 k paddock. Sorry about all the woffle but i am getting abit excitted comming up to harvest only a couple of months or so now, i will upload a couple more pic , thanks for the tips bundybear cant say iv'e got it worked out 100% but i got 1 up after about 10 goes cheers.

·
Registered
329 Posts
hello shooter where did you get the electric seive kit? so you can still get into it with the 45ft front how long does it take to fill the bin in sorgum? nice photos to. thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi lucky i made the seive kit up out of 2 sts seive motors wasn't to dificult , i thought that you could buy a kit but havn't seen it for a while. i put around 1mt on the unload auger it not to bad to unload till the chasser gets full then it gets abit tight. i havn't actualy timed bin fills, i can get just over 8 t of sorghum in the bin so would take 6/8 mins ,i did watch the yeild mon itor while i unloaded a bin this year and i striped 2.6t while unloading. you must have a cts? are you in the states?

·
Registered
329 Posts
hello shooter no i am in vic austraila i used to have a 96 cts, have a 2388 now, but been think of getting a cts 2 for a second header. want to get midwest fronts running macdon now. just they have been have trouble with the midwest with the new reel down hear . they have fixed it but time will tell so have to wait and see. have you got the atu on your cts and how does it go? or do you have the hydralic steer block. have you seen the cts they have uk it has 400hp that would be pritty good. thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How good is the weather donw here, i am at Ballarat for a couple of months it would be snowing here today if it wasn't for the rain i'm sure, mate i am biast to the green machines so no affence but what were you thinking changing out of the cts, sure in some crop conditions( this is going to hurt) the 2388 will out do the cts BUT if you are prepared to fidle with the CTS it san be a orsome machine with reliability that is unbeatable with a bit of preventative maintainance, the lifespan of the cts would be about double that of a 23 i have seen these machines with over 6000 rotor hrs, besides that there are some cheap machines out there i saw there was a cts2 with front and trailer for 88k inclusive in the Land. i am running an ATU on SF1 sub 30cm and cant fault it, if i could get a JD hydraulic block for my machine i would spend the money to put it on simply because they pick up the line when youre in the genral area, i normaly get on line faily well before i turn it on. the extra acres you get done per hr espeacialy when running a large front is a masive advantage, feel fresher at the end of the day not to mention allot easier to eat lunch and change cd's. lucky where in vic are you located cheers shooter

·
Registered
329 Posts
hello shooter I am in the mallee went to the 2388 to try out the rotary, you are right didnt gan much if any. but i would like to get another cts2 or 9650cts. the only trouble I ever had with cts was white heads in the wheat . thank you.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hi lucky i spent a few years in the mallee at warracknabeal myself the red machines are verry popular up there, a full wire nichols concave is a must and will cure the whitehead problem for sure, the standard concave that comes in the cts is primarily designed for corn there are large holes in the back were you put the filler plates, the concave will take allot of load of the tiny seives in the cts. how is the season shapping up ? cheers shooter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts