The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at buying a 4730 sprayer and was wondering if there are any weak spots in the machine to look out for?(mechanically) Are there many updates in them from the earlier ones till the more recent ones built?

·
Registered
880 Posts
weak spots are the planetaries. change the oil yearly or even halfway in season if your doing lots of roading and mudding. which screen are you running 2630?
make sure the suspension is greased often and the booms but suspension is more important it moves a lot.
love the ride and gps system on these sprayers simple to run.
some guys find them loud i'm not bothered by it.
better than a NH front boom, where it takes you an half hour before your in the tender trailer and back in the sprayer again
(lol probably will get some response to that)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have two years on mine and haven't seen any problems yet as said above I change planetary oil every year came from a 790 apachie so I find it a great machine. The swath pro for boom control saves about 12% compared to what the drill seeds.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Lots of hydraulic hoses that can rub together. Helps to wrap them up to stop chafing. As already mentioned, keep the suspension linkages well greased. Real PITA if they stop taking grease. Also agree on the comment about cab noise, but overall they are a good reliable machine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.