The Combine Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been doing some repairs and mods on my 480 this winter and said I would post some pics just for interest and because there are some interesting views of the impeller and rotor transition area of this machine. There has been some discussion and problems on later series machines and it is interesting to see how open the 480 is in the front of the rotors. There are also some things I have done to improve the flow through this area , although I have never had a problem on this machine. I can only speculate that maybe some of the little things I have done are a step in the right direction??
I can find my way around a combine pretty well ,but can someone tell me how to post some pictures??!! Thanks.:)

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
Put the pictures on your computer, hit "reply" for this thread, hit "go advanced" by the submit button. Type your message, scroll down and select "manage attachments". Locate your pix and submit them along with your message typed.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Seedcleaner, but I still could not get the pics to go. I lost my typed message 3 times and gave up!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
combine pics

Thannks for the pics,, looks like your doing things right....can I ask how many hours are on this unit before the complete rebuild. ?.Thanks

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thannks for the pics,, looks like your doing things right....can I ask how many hours are on this unit before the complete rebuild. ?.Thanks
Just under 3000 engine hrs/ 2400 thresher. The Sunnybrook cylinder was installed at 1200 hrs and a lot of other work was done at that time, but this is the first for concaves, rotors, and impeller.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts