The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got a comparison of these 2 machines?? 4830deere/4420case considering buying a 4830, i like 60" crop clearance, lower price, wheel clearance in row looks better. like looking down a hood makes corners appear easier to make, will lose 200 gals. capacity. I currently have a 4410 with 90' boom it has been pretty good has a couple of wheel seals that leak from time to time, good ride, good balance, I guess it will get down to price and service and your comments, thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have ran a 4830 for about 450 hours and really liked it. We got one of the pre production models. It had really good power and road nice. The engine fan is a little noisy, the front entry is one of the best improvements to the john deere sprayers. We just had the 90 foot boom, our next one is going to have the 100 footer. Really didn't have any major trouble with it, one hydrolic line was loose either from predelivery or factory tech. The tank seem like it held just a little over a 1,000 gallons around 1,050 or something like that. The GS2 controler is pretty easy to use if your tech savy. Don't know anything about the case. Really the only difference between the preproduciton model and the production model that I see is the boom being flat when it is folded.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts