The Combine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
why am I having rotor loss at 4mph at 30ft swath in ~70 bushel springwheat.
never had this before if I go back to 3.5 i have nothing have to admit its a hard threshing wheat and have my concave at 8mm and my cylinder at 920 and no kernel damage.
top sieve 12 bottom at 6 wind at 1210.
advice welcome, I hate to slow down:p

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
Do you have your aps grates open? If not I would open it up, put the smooth small grain slotted smooth aps grates in, and put the intensive threshing segments in. This will remove some of the pre threshed grain before the cylinder. I prefer to run the cylinder slower and the concave tighter so you do not chew up the straw and make it hard for the rotor to separate the grain from all the chewed up material.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya true all combines were parked, I already thought about slowing rotor down and slow cylinder down. I had zero loss on the sieves which is odd, usually combining sieve loss is limiting factor.

·
Premium Member
6,101 Posts
With our 590r rotor loss is always the limitation except in canola. To keep rotor loss down in wheat we find it best to remove as much grain as possible before the rotor and chew up the straw as little as possible before the rotor.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Ya its checked by the ground but my monitor i usually set by what I see. The straw was like manure and it came out the back pretty mangled up, but the sieves were clean I was surprised with my concave clearance and high cylinder speed that i wasn't cracking grain.
but in all fairness neighbor with a 9870 was parked already because it got too tough (he ment to say his deere couldn't thresh it to save his life :p)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.