The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my outer boom section will not fold out by itself. it will fold if i go into maintenance mode for folding. it will fold in fine. started last year and my worker swapped out sensors to see if he could track the problem to no avail. anybody have any ideas. its just annoying thats all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had exactly the same problem earlier this year with my 4920. I have had trouble in the past with folding issues relating to the potentiometers on the boom hinge points, however you may notice the outer breakaway section does not have a pot. Our dealer isolated the problem down to what I think he called the sprayer controller computer. He said the controller may need replacing but first he tried updating or re-flashing the firmware and that fixed the problem.
I thought he was talking about the software/hardware in the brown box display but I think it is actually the electronics back on the right hand side near where the boom parallelogram mounts to the main frame. Hope that helps you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had exactly the same problem earlier this year with my 4920. I have had trouble in the past with folding issues relating to the potentiometers on the boom hinge points, however you may notice the outer breakaway section does not have a pot. Our dealer isolated the problem down to what I think he called the sprayer controller computer. He said the controller may need replacing but first he tried updating or re-flashing the firmware and that fixed the problem.
I thought he was talking about the software/hardware in the brown box display but I think it is actually the electronics back on the right hand side near where the boom parallelogram mounts to the main frame. Hope that helps you.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Roy ; I will have a quiz of my mechanic because they did update some controllers but i think it was to do with the auto steer so I will check out what they did. Nice crop of beans , was that last year?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Surprisingly I think I have a low houred one; only 1300 application hours. Over 3500 engine hours. Good machine except you have to chase the occasional electrical glich, I think it uses a lot of fuel but I think all the hydrostatic machines do and it's on it's second set of tires and looking for a third set .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts