The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any idea why/how foam would get into rinse tank from solution tank? Not sure if it happened last time I rinsed with all clear or while spraying Liberty/Centurion.

·
Registered
294 Posts
The check valve between the solution tank and rinse tank has failed or has a piece of something in it. Our did the same and we found a piece of silicone from the threads in it. Cleaned it out and all was good.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Any idea why/how foam would get into rinse tank from solution tank? Not sure if it happened last time I rinsed with all clear or while spraying Liberty/Centurion.
Not sure about All Clear but some of the tank cleaners can create a lot of foam when added to the rinse water.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just wondering how you found out it has foam in it? Did you just happen to look in it? On my 4930 the lid for the rinse tank is on right hand side of cab and need a ladder to get to it so the only time I open the lid is at the end of season to put antifreeze in it.

·
Registered
294 Posts
We found ours when we got done with our first round of corn pre when we went to fill the empty rinse tank and nitrogen came out. I’m assuming the same thing for him. He opened or drained the rinse tank at the full and foam came out.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just wondering how you found out it has foam in it? Did you just happen to look in it? On my 4930 the lid for the rinse tank is on right hand side of cab and need a ladder to get to it so the only time I open the lid is at the end of season to put antifreeze in it.
Wanted to top up rinse tank so I could flush booms on last field and it overflowed with foamy stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts