The Combine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for a friend
He is looking for a new 4x4 big square baler for baling hay and custom baling straw. Looking at a Krone Big Pack 4X4 High-Speed and a Hesston 2290. Really like the look of the Krone cam-less pick-up but have heard of knotter issues from a neighbor with an older Krone 3x4. The Hesston has a great reputation but none in the area, as the closest dealer is 40 miles away whereas the Krone dealer is 5 miles away but fairly new. What are some real life experiences with these balers and companies and which would you recommend?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
Love our 2190s, the pickups are the highest maintenance part of them. I wish they would drop the hinge point on the pickups down two feet so the gauge wheels don't get shock loaded so bad when you cross ruts and such and the pickups would hug the ground so much better.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I run a Krone BP 1290XC. They are a well built baler. The 4x4 is a bit different, but still shares many of the same features. The calms pickup is wonderful and I cannot believe it took so long for somebody to come up with it. As far as knotter problems on a 3x4, the knotters are a Rasspe knotter, built in Germany, and are the same knotters Hesston / Massey use. Parts will interchange. So, if somebody was having knotter problems, it was not because is was a Krone. Now, on the 3x4, there was a plunger face plate extension kit I purchased for baling hay that is "springier" than alfalfa. It made my knotters tie more consistent in straw. We just bought our 2nd Krone for next year. If you have any questions, just ask, or 530-524-0354 if you want to talk, pacific time.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
company I work for run 9 Hesston balers in 3 sizes, 2150/70/90 (and 3 old ones making 11 total 2x185 and 1x 190) I simple baler thats built well and easy to live with, yes they have there issues just like any other baler. we do anything from 80,000/100,000 year and happy with what they do.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
I have a really nice 3X4 new Holland BB9080 for sale if your looking for that route the 3x4 are more in demand for export can get more weight on truck and I am told a little more capacity if your making hay I am told to stay away from a HDP baler the higher density means bales need to be super dry which is hard in Manitoba

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.