The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving around Ohio yesterday looking at equipment and JD equipment in London had a 2388 with swamper tires and a 5 strand feeder house chain which might have been custom made.I was just wondering if anyone else had one it looked like a pretty good idea. I'm thinking about adding one to mine since my three strand chain doesn't seem to be lasting

·
Registered
180 Posts
What it looks like and I have seen it done several times is a 2 strand chain and they took the links from another chain and welded them to the front drum to prevent the slats from bending.

Did you get a close look at it, if it is truely a 5 strand you have my curiousity up as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a full 5 strand feeder house chain we looked at it pretty close.The bars between the chains are 1/2" steel cut in round strips welded around a small drum.You can see the torch cuts.The slats were bolted to all five chains which I liked because on my three strand if you break the ears off the slat link the paddle comes loose.There was at lease two slats broke on the 5 chain but the paddles were still secure.It looked really beefy.The floor pan was beefed up with apiece of 1/8" plate and it had some dents in it.The slats looked like caseih slats,figuerd they might have been a 2 strand feeder slats.I really like my 3 strand better than the 2 on my old 66 but we still have problems braking slat links in rocky conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.