The Combine Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know the differences between john deeres 50 and 60 series combines, all i know is the bullet rotor and different engine,
but i think the seperating and cleaning are the same, also i heard of these john deer update kites, anybody know of these ?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The worst difference is JD flipped the header height control button upside down. Guess they wanted to make it harder for green guys to run a CIH or Lexion.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
50 series as stated the header control switch was backwards, I believe HP was a little different but don't quote me.

'06 & '07 60 series had the air scoop for the intake to keep the air filter clean and was a HUGE improvement. They also were equipped with the bullet rotor. Also in '06 the HUR was an option, in '07 it was standard on all 97/98 60's. They also flipped the control for the header height back right side up in '05 with the 60 series.

Overall I think they also adjusted several little things and added more support metal where the 50 series showed signs of cracking (ie. the grain tank auger floors). Other than that I cannot recall anything else off the top of my head.

·
Super Moderator
4,006 Posts
Quote:The worst difference is JD flipped the header height control button upside down. Guess they wanted to make it harder for green guys to run a CIH or Lexion.
Worst?

Don

·
Registered
45 Posts
there are alot of other things. reversers-heavier opt. ,drums and chains are different,reel and deck plate resume, cleaning fan bigger, hur was opt . on 9760 not avail. 0n 96 first year of 60's. hydraulics are diff. f.h. lift on sep. circuit to allow adjusting drop from cab according to ser # there are other differences. gl and bullet rotor has dif. threshing elements

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
The single point hookup, reverser is electronic and on the armrest vs on the floor, better hopper extensions, batteries located at ground level(2006), different lights(2006), more hp and feed accelerator drive beefed up. Theres more just can't remember.

·
Registered
400 Posts
the precleaner was changed from flat on the 50 to peaked on the 60, cleaning fan was changed, increased flow and slowed speed, moisture sensor was changed (not sure for the better or not) moved from clean grain elevator to grain tank, auto combine adjust was added as an option, there were also several changes on the last year 50's ('03) chopper drive was changed some, adjustable cob deflector was added, along with air chutes
many of the 60 series "upgrades" can be retrofit back to the 50s

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i Appreciate the information guys, does anybody know about these "upgrade kits" and how much they cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts