The Combine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
well my tractor and combine made the 5000 mile journey trouble free well done McMullen transport and acl shipping and j a cox uk truckers to get it to the uk farm safely took 20 days door too door included a 5 day hold up in Halifax
only 4 containers left to ship between now and may lol

here is few pics Im awating for the pics at port Liverpool from the driver lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
we know this equipment and think better the delville you know the tractor was planned to sell here but basically got a free ride with the combine so thought why not been a great tractor never missed a beat in 5500 hours so decided to take it
combine same reason

you would be surprised how cheep they where too ship

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Surely those two straps weren't all that was holding the tractor down, right? Are there some chains I can't see? I'm not an equipment hauler, but that looks sketchy to me.

Everything survived the trip, so no harm, no foul, I suppose.

·
Registered
3,776 Posts
I would never have thought you could haul loads that big in England, sonofagun. Have you checked over and washed that stuff yet? I heard equipment can pickup allot of salt traveling over the ocean.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Friend of a friend ships stuff back and forth all the time. Said it's cheaper to get it across the ocean then across Canada. Hopefully they did have more then the two straps holding the tractor on. DOT would have a hayday here if they saw that.lol..

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no salt on them they are stowed below on a proper ro ro ship so kept at constant temp

as for the straps holding the tractor on yes that's all there is its holding it from going back and forth that's all it needs even the combine will have straps holding it on not very often chains used over there you never hear of issue holding on stuff like that I trust straps more than chains my self

believe it or there was less hassle moving the combine in the uk than there was in Canada here had to drop front n rear wheels off to get it down to 14 high n 12ft wide

I didnt see them yet a buddie recived them he said not a mark on them nice and clean

·
Registered
66 Posts
Whats the problem with a couple of straps..... are the US custom cutters not using them anymore. When I was there in late 90's only 2 straps over front wheels were the norm.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As the tractor has a UK plate, did you have it shipped to Canada when you went there and shipped home again?
yuppers shipped it over when it was new the plan was to put in our auction next spring but it was gonna get a just about free ride home so thought why not its been trouble free in 5500 hours and I mean nothing so thought why not
we need a tractor that sorta size so took it back

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nothing wrong with that load for uk roads thats a common for truck transport. where did you move to mark and how many acres are you going to have now?
we moved to east Yorkshire quite the come down gone from 4500 acs too 300 but still looking for more land to build up this farm was a good base to start with so snapped it up

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that's a big combine for 300 acres at least you'll beat the weather hope everything else with the move goes as well as the combine and tractor are you planning to be all arable or mixed
mixed farm yes but love this combine kinda hard to go backwards into an older one and we are told there is tons of contract combing to be done also so that will mean extra income

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.