The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at trading my '03 2366 for a '09 5088. Was wondering about hooking up my 1020 header how that works with the different style feeder house. Have 4 heads that i will be using on this combine. Do you put a adapter plate on or what? Also is there any one running 6 row chopping corn head on a 5088 out there do they have enough power? and is there any must have options to have it is used 1 year with 700 eng hrs on it. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
247 Posts
700 hrs in a year! They were busy. You will need to buy a feeder face plate and it's not cheap. You will also have to change the combine to accept the old style electric and hydraulic hookups or change all the heads to match the combine. It would be a lot easier and cheaper to find a 2577 or 2588. The 88 would give you more power for the chopping head.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GoalieWas looking at 2588s in tractor house and they are almost the same price as the 5088. the only head that i run the header height on is my flex head.Not in a hurry to trade but when you find one that you like then you might as well get started trading.Probably just sell the 2366 out right but when it is gone youare devoted to trading even if you dont find somthing you like.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just priced putting a 1020 on my 6088 and the price for all mod's was C$9000. Also C$3000 to switch over a corn head.

·
Registered
247 Posts
$9000 plus your 1020 would go a long way towards a draper head for the 6088. Still leaves the corn head to deal with but at some point it's an issue that has to be addressed. At first we were going to switch the combine to accept the old heads but in the end changed our mind. Now I'm glad we did. That's all behind us and we can move on from here.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what is the smallest draper they make seems like it is very expensive to trade with out the heads my corn head is a harvestec and is 3 years old thats 40k that isnt paid for yet!! seems they got you by the nuts either way you look at it, Can't keep my 2366 forever only run one machine and do custom work and it has to be relieable. Has 3500 eng and 2500 sep getting to the point of doing more fixing than i prefere. Around here if your broke down they just get someone else.Thanks joe

·
Registered
247 Posts
Then perhaps for you it is better to spend bucks on converting the combine to your old heads. It's a big chunk to bite off no matter how you look at it. Do what you can handle financially but keep in mind that sooner or later you will have to make all the moves to stay in business.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sounds like the checkbook is telling you to trade for a 2577- should be able to find a low houred one- gets expensive to convert 4 heads to a new combine- good luck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I do not know, but this nut did it to a number of other threads on here and at 12:00pm this YYRYY6 was listed as the newest member. Think it might be time for a Moderator to step in.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for deleting that post. Don't need yahoos like that on here when there is so many nice people that take ther time to help others that have ?s on there equipment. Thanks again Joe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts