The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well, I don't think the 25 really means anything other than it is the # that comes up on the A-post. It is just a relative position it seems to me.

The 88 series no longer have the guage down along the rotor with a different range of numbers.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
if its that wet go to 380 or so on rotor concaves on 30-35 i think...

makes sure your top seive in front isn't wide open maybe..

just a thought....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey, thanks Casefarmer. I did try the concave at 30 but it must have blinded the grates b/c the rotor loss went way to the end.

I did have to open the sieve a little b/c I was getting some corn in the fan. That's when I started to get more pieces of cob. It might be just the nature of the beast since the cobs are quite soft especially at the tips.

How's the 6088 working?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
really good i think i finally have the issue with the resume button fixed... yeah my rotors running around that area..maybe as the day goes on i'll slow it down some... bottom sieve is open alot and im takeing cobs out by the top sieve... if im getting chunks you can close the bottom a tad and get them..but sample is perfect.. im not sure about this new A-Post but im getting more used to it..

we did finally shell some 21 Moisture corn so that was nice.. better than the 28 and 26 from before

·
Registered
9 Posts
Getting too many pieces of cobs in sample. Corn is 21-22%. Running rotor at 300RPM's, concave @ 25, chaffer @ 1/2" and sieve 3/8". I tried opening the concave but it blinded the grates and I was getting too much rotor loss.

I ran my 2366 w/ the chaffer wide open and the sieve @ 1/2" and got a real clean sample. Have not had a chance to try that on this machine yet.

What are you guys set at?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts