The Combine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pricing out a 5088 with 6 row corn head and 30 ft draper head vs a 9570 sts with a 6 row head and a 925f flex with air reel. The total price for each is within$3000 dollars so it comes down to the heads and machines. Do you lose beans at the knife on a draper head without an airreel to blow them in. Right now i run a 2366 with a 25ft flex with air and a 9560 sts with a 925 f with air. The 1020 is limited to 4.5 miles per hour before it starts to cut on an angle but the 925 can run at 7 mile per hour without angle cutting. how fast can a draper run without angle cutting. Really need help on this as I am told john deere will soon be out of combines for 2010.thanks

·
Registered
728 Posts
We had the same debate, But the price on a 30FT 2020 with 5088 were the same as the 9570 with 630F. We ended up going with the 5088 because of the bigger engine and rotor. It was also in part to that this is axial flow 6 for us.

Eric

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't know how fast you would be able to run with a 5088 and a draper head, but i do know that on our flex draper that you can pitch the angle of the cutter bar to compensate for ground conditions. The more pitch you have the more aggressive it is, and visa versa. Our salesman also told us that you don't need an air reel on a drapper. I know that we will never own another flex head after running a flex draper, so for me it would be an easy choice.

·
Registered
413 Posts
we ran with drapers on our 2377 and 7010 alot of time around 5.5 mph with very clean cuts, if you need to run faster than that and you aren't getting a clean cut I believe that the speed of the knife can be speed up very easily with an adjustment to the hydraulics. I'm not positive on that but I thought I read it somewhere on this forum before. And the knife pitch is awsome as well. We cut alot of beans and wheat for our selves and other farmers and after running the drapers vs and auger I'll take the draper any day. I honestly don't rememeber hearing the rotor rumble from slug feeding hardly ever at all, they feed so evenly which really ups the performance of the combine.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The draper head is being offered at $5000 more than a 2020 with an air reel. How is the 5088 a bigger machine. Both combines are 265 hp with a power surge. Does the new fold down hopper top really seal out the weather? Is the reverser hydraulic like the new holland? thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Your telling me a new 30' Flex draper is only $5000 higher than a 25' flex with an air reel? And I too am curious on the air reel question. I just think I would miss ours in very short dryland beans where u don't have the air to blow the short plant on into the head and also the beans bouncing out of the head but maybe the draper is that much easier on the plant that there is not as many beans rolling out?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thats what the offer is.I understand case came to the plate with $5000 if i bought the draper instead of the flex head and an air reel adds $11,000 to the price of a flex head. I am from Ontario Canada but I dont think it makes a difference

·
Registered
16 Posts
I just priced a 25' 2020 with a air reel cash for $31,500, and used 2162 flex draper on www.tractorhouse.com is $60-70,000 but I did not price a new draper. That is kinda why if you were pricing Deere with a flex head and the Case with a flex draper and they were $3000 apart I would say the Deere is over priced especially since the 5088 is a bigger machine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts