The Combine Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what did you have before.....the 2388's are great machines...but the 2588's were alot better....we were very very happy with the two we were around....maybe it was just the extra hp..but the hydro seemed quicker too.. more pep...i really like the sound of the changes thats comeing in the new seiries...not alot of changes but there shouldn't be... the good news on that combine of deere you can chip it and call it a class 6,7,8..... good luck..

·
Registered
176 Posts
Never ran a 5088 but I did get a chance to run a 9570 this fall in corn- it could pick about 3.5-4 mph with an 608C corn head-non-chopping 160-180bu corn, I would say it would be comparable to a 2366 as far as cleaning cap- in soybeans they couldn't spread the chaff out over the 30' platform width because they were short on power- they only spread in about 20'. Only had a couple of minor break downs in 300 hrs on the 9570. One down side to the 9570 it was very thirsty. What crops are you going to be running in??

·
Registered
728 Posts
we have been running a 2366 for quite a few years in corn and soybeans.....

we are leaning to the 5088 because we are more familiar with it and like how the 8.3 liter better than Deere 6.8 we thank that the 8.3 would have more lugging power

·
Registered
247 Posts
From what I've read on the net the deere's take a lot more money to rebuild after 1000 or 1500 hrs than a Case and I mean "a lot".

All the answers here say to go red but you are on the red site. Post your question on the green site and see what response you get.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Don't bother posting on the green site. They can't even get the classes right trying to compare a 9770 to an 8120. This comparison - 9570 vs 5088 - is a case of an actual class 5 ( the 9570) compared to a fake class 5 (5088 - actually a de-tuned 2388). There is no way on God's brown or green earth a 9570 will come close to performing equally to a 2388. The 9570 is a smaller rotor diameter, and smaller in all other cleaning/separating stats. Much less a small engine cranked to the max.

This is a no brainer, the 5088 is the superior machine, stats - wise. After that, it will depend on dealer, cost, your love of green or not. Remember, the 5088,6088 and 7088 are basically a 2388 with different horsepower/engines and grain size to match the classification requirements and priced accordingly. You cannot increase horsepower on the 9570 and get 9670 production because it is physically a smaller machine. A true class difference on the green side.

If you are really serious about this comparison, go to the Deere and CIH websites and compare the specs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts