The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at a 535 pro quad to pull a new 76' paralink with 7700 tank, 10" spacing and mrb's. First of all would I have the horsepower to do it? (Dont want to have to chip it.) Relatively flat rolling land, but some decent hills here and there. Secondly will the hydraulics be able to run it all well? The one we are considering has the 57gpm pump, very rare to see a twin pump setup around here unfortunately. High speed and high capacity fans, although I doubt I will be even close to the top end of the fans. We have also been considering going to a 550, but seems to be pretty good price jump. Also not a real big fan of the iveco motors or def, stock cab suspension would be nice tho, same situation with hydraulics. Any advice on the either the tractor or drill would be great thanks!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We have def in our combines, it really doesn't use all that much as you said, but its still a pain in the butt lol. My biggest concern would be hydraulics really. 57gpm sounds like a lot but all I ever hear about is how much these drills take!

·
Registered
364 Posts
As for hp give cummins a call my 535 can be taken too 580 possibly 600hp will know more once they plug there computer in. All they need is the serial no on the motor. Some motor can be increased some can't all depends what internal parts the motor has been built with from factory. This is entirely safe as this is what hp the motor was built for. Case had the motor de-rated to 535 just so it was enough hp to stay in front of the pack. No point bringing out a 580hp stx then JD would simply bring out a 600hp & on it goes.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The 535 pro has already had its engine bumped in power from factory. We used to have a t9060 with constant power and it pushed 613 hp which is same as the 535 pro. We rarely took that engine to max power and we do have big hills. As far as hydraulics we run a 76 paralink with 7700 tank and high speed fans with 57 gpm hydraulics no problem. We never have the fans going full bore as we don't use extreme rates. This tractor should have more than enough power as you are relatively flat and like you say you don't use high rates for the fans. We went to a t9.615 with tracks because even tho we had lots of power we didn't have enough traction on the t9060 with 800 metrics to pull or current rig.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Has anyone added a hydraulic pump on their pto? Not sure what it would cost or how clumsy it would become but it could be an option if we find 57 gpm isn't enough. Or I may just have to start looking at a different color tractor....

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ended up buying a 9560r with triples. Will have plenty of hydraulics and some more horsepower than the 535. Will take a little getting used to the triples but looks like it will be a very nice tractor.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but the specs I read say 9560 is 510hp / 560hp max
From memory Steiger is 535hp / about 580hp max

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.