The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're actively dealing on either a 570w or an 8090w. Wondering what you people think. All options considered the NH is about 23grand more that the Lex, is it worth the extra $? This will be our first Brand New combine ever so we need one that will last longer than the time it will take to pay off! What's the projected lifespan of either of these two machines? We harvest 3600ac of CWRS wheat, oats, peas, canola, fescue and meadow brome. We have cows and bale a lot of straw, this is why we're looking walker and not rotary, although we've ran 1680's and 2188's until this point.

·
Registered
628 Posts
How are the dealers to deal with if you are going to keep the combine for a long time I would want a stable dealer that is knowledgeable (Lex are through Krammer in Sask in my opinion is a bad thing). I would price the NH at a few different places it seems kinda strange that the NH is that much more. We bought a new CR9060 last year and are very happy with our purchase very nice combine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
We have a 460, and Kramer is our dealer. Been happy with the service of the combine. Local branch does not stock a lot of parts, saying that in 6 years it has never been a problem.
How much cheaper is the 8080 than the 8090. Will you be able to use the extra HP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response guys. The 8090 actually is a little cheaper than an 8080 right now as the 8090 is on the lot and the 8080 has to be ordered. It looks like a monster of a machine, has integrated auto steer, 4wd, 900 michelins, intelliview II Plus, with logging and mapping. But, like I said, the Cat is cheaper so we are in a bit of a pickle trying to decide what to do. OH, and neither of the deals come with drapers, both have 30' auger headers. Is this a mistake? should we spring at the get go for a draper, possibly 36'?

·
Registered
307 Posts
If u go with the Lex , try to get a V535 thats a auger header as well.But u are able to extend the table.
In europe they use it for straightcutting Canola .Everybody who is running one loves it!

·
Registered
745 Posts
You only see the V (Vario) headers here. We also like them. We got V600, V900 and V1050.

But as far as I know NH also offers such headers.

·
Registered
508 Posts
the cat auger headers are now up to 40 ft and they would appear to be built to last longer than nh the mjority of nh stuff seems to wear out sooner that deere or cat or whatever but i dont have specific experience with either machine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts