The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 570r trying to do beans. Feeder chain turns freely but as soon as I put a little bit of beans through it the slip clutch jumps and the feeder chain plugs. We replaced the slip clutch no improvement. The beans were going through like butter before this started. Makes no sense.

·
Premium Member
6,092 Posts
You could check your aps clearance by measuring the linkage. When I increased the aps gap my impression is the aps is not as aggressive on pulling the material from the feeder chain and some of the wet swathed wheat would try to recirculate around causing the feeder chain to plug. Are there any alarms saying the belts for the feeder chain are slipping? Do you have a fix speed feeder house or variable speed? Are the soybeans the only crop that it is doing it in?

·
Registered
244 Posts
JH,
Check your belt tension.Could there be a way that your belt tensioner might be hanging up or catching someway? Watch your feederhouse speed on cebius to see if it slows down right before the clutch goes.Any of the white plastic wear blocks missing at the top of the feederhouse causing the chain to catch? We did which caused our feeder chain to jump. Goodluck! tiger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.