The Combine Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have the option of purchasing our first lexion and was hoping someone could help me on performance and what to look for on each. hope to run a 12-30 in corn avg 150-160 bu acre and a 35' macdon in 50-60 bu soybeans. we do have some hills but don't think we'll be unloading on the go on them due to the fact the unloading auger would smack the grain cart and don't want that.

option 1 485r 2300 engine 1500 separator
option 2 575r 2000 engine 1350 separator also 100k more
option 3 585r 3200 engine 2000 separator 30k less then 575
another question is how much better is the newer style corn heads for the 500 vs the 400 series?

Thanks for any advice or comments

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
I know nothing about the 400 series. I think the 485 is a big machine. It has the least amount of hours but in my mind, should be cheaper than the others. I don't think the 585 is discounted enough from the 575 considering it has a fair amount more hours. I think any of them would work well with the headers and yield you mention. You mention hills, so it would be of benefit if the machine you might get, would have 3-D sieves. This would have a round can with an arm on the right side, under fuel tank, between rear tire and return auger/elevator. Also, the 500 series, if new enough, could have Jet-Stream cleaning, which supposedly gives the machine a boost in productivity.

If you are interested, we have a C512-30" corn head that doesn't get used. It doesn't match up to our planter. If your interested you can email or P.M. me. Would like $30,000 for it.

I can't comment on the 400 series headers really. Did they even make a "C412" or whatever it would have been called? We have a C508 that is pretty old, but looks nearly identical to the newer styles, except the steel snouts.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The 1230 preceded the C51230 corn heads. Any of those machines will have the capacity that you are looking for. The 485 was a wide body machine and will eat some corn. With that being said so will the others too on a narrow body platform. I would be curious what those 3 machines are being priced to you at, I'm working on several combine deals for customers myself right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.