The Combine Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 575R for a few years now. Love the machine but the service and parts availability suck. Took over a month to come out to service. Was thinking about trading it in for a CaseIh 8120 on tracks. Downfall? Don't know what to do.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
80% soybeans 20% corn. In southeast michigan so beans are normally tough. 40 bu per acre corn is around 175 bu per acre. Its all because of the service. Have IH 20 miles away. Nearest Cat service 3 hours. They are closing up around me

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I would say first, talk to your dealer about improvements that can be done to help with your issue.

If there is no improvement with the service, try to do more of the repairs yourself. Pre-season maintenance is critical for a smooth harvest. If parts availability are a problem, consider working with a different dealer that you can build a relationship with. We have Ziegler and they are top notch. I have dealt with Butler and they treated me very well also for a few odd, aftermarket parts. They are all willing to ship and that can be done quickly today.

If that doesn't work for you, time to explore different machines with a dealer you are comfortable with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would say first, talk to your dealer about improvements that can be done to help with your issue.

If there is no improvement with the service, try to do more of the repairs yourself. Pre-season maintenance is critical for a smooth harvest. If parts availability are a problem, consider working with a different dealer that you can build a relationship with. We have Ziegler and they are top notch. I have dealt with Butler and they treated me very well also for a few odd, aftermarket parts. They are all willing to ship and that can be done quickly today.

If that doesn't work for you, time to explore different machines with a dealer you are comfortable with.
Machine is shedded year round and I keep up on the maintenance. The parts are impossible to get fast. I had to special order knife guards for the 540 platform... don’t get me wrong I love the machine it’s just the service and parts. Put it this way... took over a month to have them come out and replace a track on my 765.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also I am 1 of two people within 200 miles with a lexion. They never took off in Michigan. Either green or red

1 - 6 of 6 Posts