The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my cross augers in the grain tank need repair. should I replace with class parts, have these re-flighted or bolt poly on them in the grain tank.
How do the bearings come off on the back side? does the bolt screw out of the shaft that the bearings are on?
Thanks, Kevin
New Augers $1100.00 and change each! Wow!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Kevin. Common problem in 400 and 500 series. Should have had an update. Replace with whatever. I made a new one from scratch pretty cheap. When youve done it weld some support to the cover above the auger. When the grain tank is full it pushes this down onto the auger.
Good luck

·
Registered
168 Posts
Kevin. Common problem in 400 and 500 series. Should have had an update. Replace with whatever. I made a new one from scratch pretty cheap. When youve done it weld some support to the cover above the auger. When the grain tank is full it pushes this down onto the auger.
Good luck
What's a common problem on the 400 and 500 series? Wearing augers? All augers wear. But, the LEXION augers don't wear any faster than the competition's. In fact, they last longer due to the higher volume they handle in less separator hours.

Unflange the bearings on the right hand side and take the unloading chain off and unbolt the sprocket mounts on the left side and pull them out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
my cross augers in the grain tank need repair. should I replace with class parts, have these re-flighted or bolt poly on them in the grain tank.
How do the bearings come off on the back side? does the bolt screw out of the shaft that the bearings are on?
Thanks, Kevin
what do you mean by repair? worn and need replaced or is the auger tube broke, etc?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Make sure to time them. The procedure is in you book. I would just go with factory new augers. We hardly ever replace them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts