The Combine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, have put new actuator on rotor cover mechanism and still no go, is there a process to go through so cebis can recognize the parameters or something? Have tried fully closed at startup and fully open at startup but still defective motor alarm when using switch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I'm opening and closing with direct connection with battery just can't get switch control to work them

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I am only familiar with a 740 with electric covers.

First off, can you unhook actuator linkage at actuator and slide the rod back and forth freely? Do this via the cover behind the engine.

Secondly, if like an early 740, the rotor actuator and speed I think are controlled by the rotor module. This should be one of the two located above the back left tire, above and behind battery box. I am 99% sure(100% with our machine) that these two modules/wiring can be switched to verify if the module is good. This other module is for the sieves.

Try that and see what the dealio is.

Also, I suppose you have checked fuses, made sure you are not in third gear or have transport mode on?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok cheers stsdavew, pics in right-hand column clear but pics in left-hand column too blurred to read, look very helpful however, may need to get test kit somewhere

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did you unhook the motor and moved the mechanism by hand? That's where i would start.... You probably did that already!?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes thanks lexpower, also tried working unhiched from mechanism using console switch, still throws up same alarm and no go

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Have you unhooked wires to motor and checked for a good ground, good power, etc...

Verify that there isn't continuity between ground and power wire.

Remove switch and examine switch and wires.

Wiggle harness between switch and actuator.

On second thought, in my opinion, even if you got this issue fixed, the rotor cover linkage above the rotor grates is going to give so much trouble with built up chaff, you might as well not worry about fixing it the factory way. The only way I could make it reliable (and usable on the go) is putting a small individual actuator on the front rotor grate pair and another for the second pair.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok, cheers Seedcleaner, would love to see some pics of that conversion, would take a bit of doing yeah?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts