The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,226 Posts
I traded 570 for 740tt this year. Went from singles to tracks. They are amazing. So smooth in field, no sinking, great ride header stays so even too. Did a lot of cutting poor peas at 8.2 mph. No way tires would let you cut that fast. 25 mph on road is nice too. Have done 2300 ac without cleaning rad or air filter. Great design change there. Bit more horses nice, but burning an extra litre per acre of diesel New sieves nice. Faster unload nice. Tracks are worth the cost!
Do you mind me asking where you are from rodd? What other crops are you harvesting? Is power the limiting factor on the 740?

·
Premium Member
8,226 Posts
I don't think power is limiting factor, it is usually how fast crop will feed or how much is going over. Cutting 60 bu Pasteur now. 4.2 avg speed 36', I have fan cranked to hopefully blow out fusarium so any faster and sieve monitor shows losses. Check ground and can't find any though. Very seldom have to slow down for engine warning. Even the 570 had enough power.
Thanks for the response. Talked to a guy the other day and he claims loss monitors are too sensitive. He goes balls-to-the-wall with a 780, it's quite the show.:D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.