The Combine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shelling corn 22% really green stalks 200bpa pretty consistent. I run a. 1293 Deere corn head with all of calmers knife rolls and slow down kit deck plates all that . I have been hitting the engine beeper all day at 4.5-4.8 I've been running with the rear wheel assist on just to keep from running too fast I have a clean air filter and am going to swap fuel filters in the morning . Concave is set at 24mm 400 on speed about 600 on rotors and feeder house is at 500 ish any ideas why I'm powering out

·
Premium Member
6,091 Posts
Make sure and change the water seperator filter below the fuel tank. This gave me problems with lack of power this year. The engine feul filter is a 1r0762 or donaldson p550625. The water seperator is a Napa 3231 or lexion 7962130 for the element or a napa 3411 for a filter with a drain valave on the bottom if you want to get rid of the bowel on the bottom.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I swapped all the filters and just for the sake of it I blew back thru the fuel tank vent. I have had a thought in the back of my head the whole time what if it's the sunnybrooke concave in have allneound bar inserts in it and it's doing a great job on sample and capacity but Being it's brand new nobody has one who knows.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Had very similar problems myself. Turned out to be low fuel pressure. The pressure relief valve on the injection rail was worn and only holding the pressure at 60 psi not the 80 needed. Was low on power and got worse to the stage it started to miss fire the loose rpm. Try stretching the spring a quarter inch and see it helps also see if the poppet valve is damaged. Mine was pitted and the seat was badly hammered out Good luck

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
the combo of swapping the filters and blowing out the fuel tank vent seems to make it go away. been getting along very well with the combine this fall cant say the same for the cornhead but that is a post for another fourm........

·
Registered
192 Posts
Why do you have your rotors running so fast? I run mine at 370. Your feeder house shouldn't be capable of running more than around 410-420. I run mine around 350-360, 300-320 in dry corn. As you slow your rotors down watch the grain loss monitors go down. I use to run my loss sensitivity on my 585 around 5.5 for both cleaning and separation and 80-90 on my 750.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have since overhauled the feeder house drive and got it to run at speed. I was always under the impression you ran the rotors at about 100 to 200 faster than the rotor. I'm getting a great sample and not throwing any out the back but I may take your setting and try them however.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Most run the rotors as slow as they will go in corn. Doesn't really make sense but it seems to work. Keep in mind that if the cylinder doesn't fully thresh the corn off the cob, it won't show as loss unless you get out and look. The chopper does an excellent job threshing the rest, lol. The rotors seem to do no threshing in corn, only seperating. Windrowing is a good way to check the job being done in corn.

I think straight bars in the middle of each rotor could help thresh the corn off the cob, like a 2388 uses for corn in the seperating area. I know the cylinder is supposed to do the threshing, but I had a hard time making that happen in some soft cob varieties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.