The Combine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with 585R. It will not adjust rotor speed. I think I hear hydraulics trying to move it, and it doesn't do anything at the variable speed pulley. On start up, CEBIS says rotor speed module defective. The correct RPM does show, but will not move.
Any ideas how to fix it?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Sounds interesting. I don't think the module would be defective if you truly hear hydraulic pressure going to the pulley. Maybe it says it is defective because it doesn't see a change in pulley rpm.

I say take the hydraulic line off the pulley...takes one minute. Attempt to adjust pulley speed. If oil blows out, module is good. Tie a can around hose outlet so it doesnt make a mess.

I had a YMM Yield Monitor Module go bad on a 740TT. It was intermetant and would quit showing yield. I could tap on the module and make it show an error on CEBIS. Replacement created the need for several software updates on the machine...well worth it. CEBIS is much more functional now compared to the 2011 version.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I took the hydraulic line off the pulley and tried to adjust the rotor speed- No oil. Could one of the solenoids on the block on right side of machine below grain tank be the problem, or is it likely the rotor adjust module as CEBIS says upon start up. Where is the rotor speed adjust module located?
Thanks

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ThankYou lexionman 575 You saved me the dreaded service call on this; did what you said and rotor speed adjust came to life. Works now as it should, fault disappeared from cebis also. Thanks again; Paul

·
Registered
33 Posts
I believe hitting the master disconnect for 20 seconds would have possibly cured you of the same issue by powering down all can-bus communication and re-initiating all modules.
Was it a faulty module or did they both work after the swap.
Is this the machine from Norwich..?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes they both worked after swapping. I don't know if the machine is from Norwich or not. I bought it from Delta Power at Forest . Machine was sold new by McCallister in Indiana. Former owner farmed near Bothwell On. and also had a farm in Georgia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.