The Combine Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I find it curious that so many rotor bearings go bad we've had 2 480's, then 2 595's and now 2 780's never replaced a rotor bearing. We have had some issues with one of the 595's and impeller to rotor feeding but it was only 1 yr and we even thought it was operator issues but we are not certain of this. We are straight cutting over 90% of our crop now and it is mostly dessicated and have had very little issue feeding or plugging. Incidently I managed to plug the APS this year in the only 60 ac of Canola that we swathed. The other 2100 ac were straight cut without problems...all were dessicated though.

I do feel the 400 series and now the 700 series are a much better combine than the 500 series. We had most troubles with the 595. In fairness the 780's are new to us this year but we had no mechanical problems just a couple of computer and speed sensor problems. I also think that cruise pilot and cemos makes for a more trouble free harvest and we wouldn't operate our combines without it.

Just my 2 cents

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.