The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently adapted a 214 JD pickup head to my (new) used 590R. It looks like the auger is turning way to many rpm after the switch. Does anyone know what RPM the drum is turning on a Lexion pickup head. I didn't think this would be an issue because I also put a Geringhoff head on the machine that was on a 60 series JD combine and Geringhoff told me that I didn't need to change the speeds. Maybe the older deere combines ran slower feeder-house RPM?
Also, does anyone know what pins i need to deal with to get the reel hydraulics to operate. The combine is telling me that the "front attatchment does not support hyd control". My dealer is telling me that the electronics on the head is wrong....and of course there are no electronics on the head. It sounds like I need to trick out a pin or two in the multicoupler. Anyone know what to do?

Thanks!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hey JW,
I adapted a Phillips pick up to my 480 and then 740. I thought the same about the speed of the table auger to but is right. the feeder drum spins much quicker than a JD. All i had to do was wind the retractable finger timing right back and they both went like they were on fire!
For the electrics on the later one I got a plug from my dealer, only cost me a box of beer, they should knock one up easy. If you cant find one let me know and i'll go outside and have a look.
Cheers
Stew

1 - 2 of 2 Posts