The Combine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
532 Posts
I stay away from aftermarket kits. Too many times my customers would want to go cheap and the aftermarket parts wouldn't fit right or didn't have the quality. Deere kits are pretty reasonable. Be sure to change all the rod bolts, main bolts, head bolts, get a few extra head bolts I'm case one doesn't reach torque as your going through the sequence you can back it out before it snaps and add another new one and not have to disassemble.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I stay away from aftermarket kits. Too many times my customers would want to go cheap and the aftermarket parts wouldn't fit right or didn't have the quality. Deere kits are pretty reasonable. Be sure to change all the rod bolts, main bolts, head bolts, get a few extra head bolts I'm case one doesn't reach torque as your going through the sequence you can back it out before it snaps and add another new one and not have to disassemble.
after taking it out and apart going to need a good used one or a reman engine, not worth rebuild.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Say what??
What happened to this thing that it is in such bad shape??
Say what??
What happened to this thing that it is in such bad shape??
not sure but the two vavles #4 busted in the top of the cylinder head and it ping ponged around bent the operating rods, ruined the head and put a hole in the top of the piston. Havent looked at the crank but there is lots of carbon on 5 & 6, cylinders 1, 2 and 3 look fine. thus we are looking for a good used or reman engine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts