The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe this is already in the maintenance tip threads. Our 9860 is going in soon for preseason service. Last fall it sat for 2 weeks because of weather. When I went to start it, the battery was almost dead. I thought this was abnormal. I didn't shut off the battery switch. Has anyone else notice excessive electrical system discharging?7u Is there something I can have them check?

·
Registered
778 Posts
The newer Delco radios they use now seem to draw a bit too much power for the memory and/or anti-theft function. Day to day you won't notice a problem, just over a longer period of time. You can either disconnect the battery, or change to another brand of radio. This is likely the problem, but have them do a current draw check anyway. Or maybe you have a 2-way radio you forgot to turn off.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 2-way shuts off with the key. The radio makes sense. Would that be the same in the 4WD's? Every morning when we start our 9420 the radio comes "on" and the clock is messed up and I know I shut the radio off at night.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If your 9420 has a Delco radio, it would be the same. If the clock is "messed up" or doesn't hold memory, there's a problem with the memory wire. There should be at least one wire going to the radio that has constant 12 volts, even when the key is off. There were some problems with the memory wire going to the wrong terminal in the radio plug of some tractors. Check that the wire that has 12 volts corresponds with the memory terminal on the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts