The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last year our neighbor farmer had purchased a 9660 and the dealer who came out was going over him the do's and dont's. The question i have is he was told if he has a full hopper to not shut the separator off because grain will fall down the auger and plug the clean grain system. has anybody heard this theory. thinking bout buying a 60 series but just wonder if its worth the headaches over a 50.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i run a 9660 and it is true that a certain amount of grain does run back down the elevator when the seperator is disengaged, but i have never had the clean grain plug up because of it. not to say that it couldnt happen i mean all rumors come from someplace, but it's never happened to me. now it'll happen tomorrow

·
Registered
8 Posts
It,s true and it happens. There is a PIP for this problem that is a simple fix. I'm sorry I don't have the part number for you but it is a part that is welded into the fountain auger housing. We had issues with both our 9760s until we installed the kits. It is an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
Did not know this.

While the grain tank was full and the separator was disengaged, grain was allowed to backfeed down the return side of the clean grain elevator. When the operator engages the separator, the large volume of grain in the boot can cause the side of the boot to blow out as grain is coming from the back side of the elevator, and the clean grain auger.

Kit AH223668

[/URL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts