The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best setup for hard red wheat for 9760/9860 [concaves, rotor, air, etc] any tips greatly appreciated, first time cutting wheat with deere since model 95. Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
The first thing I would suggest is getting concave bands and putting them in the 1, 2 and 5 positions. This allows the machine to thresh the crop using itself for a longer amount of time during the first wrap of the rotor. The best thing to do from there is set the machine by the combine adjustment guide that comes with your machine and then fine tune it from there. Only adjust one thing at a time while fine tuning it and start with things such as concave clearance, rotor speed and ground speed. Make sure your feeding the machine enough so it has enough material to thresh since it uses material on material to thresh the crop. A lot of the times I see customers having issues because they aren't harvesting fast enough. The settings all depend on the conditions of the crop at that time and may change throughout the harvesting day. One thing to remember is that the rotor concept is totally different than your typically cylinder walker machine and the setting are for the most part the opposite. Hope these suggestions help.

·
Registered
400 Posts
yes, the bands are also called filler plates.

1,2,5 are the positions i tell all customers to start with, 50, 60, & 70 series

1 - 4 of 4 Posts