The Combine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Pro 600 display is used in the x088 series machines to run the combine like in the x120?

What I mean is, do the x088 still have the A pillar guages or is everything read from the 600?

Just pricing out a 6088 and wondering if the 600 is worth the 5675.00 or is even necessary. Already have an Insight in the 2188 that I would move over to the new machine. From what I could get out of the salesman, all I might be giving up is the Auto Crop Setting feature.

I can't see the point in buying the 600 when I already have an Insight.

·
Registered
139 Posts
The AFS Pro600 in a 50/60/7088 is only used as a yeild/moisture monitor. The A-post is still there, except it is the same one used in the Magnum and Steiger tractors. The 71/81/9120 use the AFS Pro600 to run the entire combine plus be used as a yeild/moisture monitor.

Hope this helps you out.

Jeff

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. That helps indeed. Case can keep their 600.

·
Registered
206 Posts
one more thing Autoguidance. If you need it. It is much easier to operate it with PRO 600 a specially if you are going to use DGPS not laser.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can use the Insight to run the Accuguide as far as I know. Might have to flash the Navcontroller with Trimble firmware, but I doubt it.

And no the salesman couldn't confirm to me whether the 600 was required to run the machine or not. With the x088 being new, he wasn't comfortable saying something he wasn't 100% sure of. I'll give him credit for that. I like it when guys admit they don't know something instead of pretending they know something they don't. The only thing that we could surmise is that the 600 is an option and not standard equipment so therefore it would not be necessary to have it.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Nope, can't run AccuGuide with the Insight. Would definitely have to flash the Nav, and this would make it into a hybrid system (Case IH vehicle kit, Trimble (or Ag Leader, in this case) display and nav).

600 on the 88s is used for yield monitor/mapping, guidance, and Automatic Crop Settings. The machine can be run fine without the 600, but you lose those features.

600 is not required like it is on the 20 series.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think we're finally figuring it all out now. Sounds like it'll need a Trimble Nav Controller in it. Still investigating whether they can flash it to save swapping one box for another.

·
Registered
206 Posts
No1 YES 88 series kan work with out PRO600 or other monitor it is 100%
No2 YES you need NAVICONTROLER to get autosteering

·
Registered
560 Posts
yes, you can have your CNH nav controller reflashed to use with an Autopilot system. Ag Express can do this for you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts