The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in her and well i don't think the corn is 380 bushel but i can dream... so looks like were doing a calibration first thing in the morning..

the new hydro handle sucks.... i hate haveing to hit resume thats stupid and that needs to be changed back...

Sieves for corn are from 15-40 i think.... i miss 1-8 haha....

I do really like the in cab seive adjustment and the very large window to the grain tank...very very happy about those two.

The 3408 corn head is really nice.... not sure how to get rtc or fieldtracker to work... i did get it to hit resume and it would go to a certain height...and i see the button with 1 up and down is 2....

it works for a few pass's but then i hit it and nothing... it forgets...

how do i make the field tracker on the corn head work.... and anyone else hate the hydro lever....it was pretty easy to tap the down button and it would fall to the ground...

back to reading the manual...hope someone can make this easier...

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Hi

Just lower the header to where you want to cut at and press1.
Raise it to where you want the header to be at when you turn on the end and press2.

Now hit resume 1 time it goes to the opposite position it is in.
Hit resume again it goes back to where it was.

When you do the callibration make sure to use three loads that weigh within 10% of each other and travel at three different speeds for each load,and don't unload on the go

Amax

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I got that to work but then it woulD well stop working....I must have overide the feature....

So if I have a corn head with fieldtracker I need to. Lower the head when its running so that the sensors are on the ground and hit set 1....

So let's say I do that. If I tap the down button will it fall like the 2588's do?? Thanks amax

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting....I'm not good at figureing that off the top of my head but I wouldbet we are that off... How are u likeing the combine???

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi casefarmer. Ya we're a bit confused on the header height/tracker controls and settings also. I'm sure we'll get it figured out but it's hard to get seat time to do that when it keeps raining. The hydro handle just takes time to get used to, don't sweat it. Enjoy the toy.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The field tracker was acting goofy on our 3408, come to find out 1 of the wire connections under the head was plugged in 180 degrees opposite what it should have been. Plugged it in correctly and it went to working fine. I think there is a bulletin out about it at the dealer.

LAB123

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got it figured out now.... I guess I like how the head works... Nice to use field tracker for the first time. That's handy!!!!!! Dk 6169. Avg 185. So were very happy with this number so far. About 28 moisture

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We usually start around that we have several bins and a dryer and dads pretty big on getting started and not waiting...plus its so late in the year... Last year we started at 35 we had too and unfortunatly it stayed at 28 for about the hole year. I think the last two days it finally hit 18. Been doing this since 1996 and well never have regretted it.

Just finished up shelling corn today nothings fell apart yet!!! Its weird that there's just one grrease zerk on the rotor in back on the pully and no zerks for the unloading auger... Less is better but just makes a guy wonder if that's good or not.

·
Registered
560 Posts
are you intentionally cutting wet just to try out the combine? just curious why you're starting so soon...

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
you ll like the resume once you get used to it. buddy of mine has new 6088, and chipped it allready, thought it needed a little more smoke. was doing more than his 2577 ever had but wanted more. FT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts