The Combine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To get the feederhouse pitch the same as a 2588 what needs done? On our fd70 draper I'm used to being able to tip the guard tips up a good ways but on the 6088 and fd70 when I tip them up it doesn't nearly go that much.

Wonder why that got changed?

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I just glanced. But looks like I seen what ur talking. Any idea on how far I need to go? I thought I read like 2 inches one time.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
travis, i've seen saddle tilted forward, case said with machine and header level 14 degrees, personally, i would adjust, once ya git set, mark it, scott.

·
Registered
247 Posts
casefarmer, are you getting set up for beans? We couldn't get our 2062 tipped up enough last year. Saddle is all the way back and wedge on bottom of header against feeder opening but I'm still pushing dirt with the header in conventional tilled beans. Our 2588 is not a problem. It makes me wonder if they changed something. Hope I can get it solved this year.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not really just know its comeing soon and it crossed my mind...
really? we just put our 2062's on our 2388's back in the day and both rocked back and in really rocky spots there's no way a rock would get in... wonder what more you could do???

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also is there a way to change the fuel filter and not have to use either to get it to fire back up??
i hate that they took off the little hand plunger on fuel systems.... d**n electric pumps don't do the trick

·
Registered
998 Posts
Pretty sure you are not supposed to use ether on the new engines.
You should be able to leave the key on for a while to prime, turn the key off, then on again to glow, then start it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I modified a corn front off a 2588 and put a 6 inch spacer in the bottom plus tilted the feeder all the way back on a 7088. If there is a big white height gauge on the FD70, take it off. See 7088 exploding windscreen.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts