The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at trading in my 2388 for a 6088 but I have one major problem I don't like right now. I have a 16' tall door on my storage shed (actual measurment is 15' 9'') and the specs on a 6088 shows 15' 9" to the top of the clean grain auger. we've gotten used to pulling the combine in the shed at night if it's anywhere around home and I really don't want to have to climb up into the grain bin and fold the auger down every night (especially since my 85 year old grandpa is the primary operator of this machine) the machine i'm looking at doesn't have the power folding bin extension which would help the problem a lot but I still really wouldn't want to have to remember that every time I come into the shed. had a guy around here last year do exactly what i'm scared might happen and forgot to put it down going in the shed and wrecked both the shed and the combine. does anyone know of any aftermarket product that would make the auger shorter or provide some form of solution to this problem. I like a lot of the changes they made between models and am very interested in trading but this issue is giving me a sour taste in my mouth right now.

·
Registered
657 Posts
the 6088 should have the electric bin fold which folds down your auger also if the one you are looking at does not have it on it you can get it. i have seen them work all it is a push of the button and it folds down. a freind of mine has a 6088 and his has folding extension on it he folds it down everytime to go down the road. check with the dealer that has this machine and ask if it has electric fold if not how much to add it. good luck if you buy it you will like it

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this one doesn't have the electric fold. talked with the dealer yesterday about the possibility of adding it and didn't get an exact price but was told that it pretty much meant replacing the entire extension. figured doing that through the dealers parts system wouldn't be cheap at all so I was just looking to see if there was any cheaper alternative. might just have to pull the trigger and convert to the electric fold or hold out for a machine that already has it from the factory. still not thrilled about having to remember to do that every time I go in the shed though. I don't think i'd be concerned about driving it down the road with the extension up here though. can't think of any trees or power lines that are that low in my travels.

·
Registered
657 Posts
our dealer quoted us around $3,500 to put one on a 8120 and told us we would reuse some of our parts. on the 6088 they were designed for that i would not think it would be as much as 8120 but not sure. it is a very nice feature to have if it rains or snows you can shut it to keep the hopper dry and clean. it is really not that big of a deal to push the button and fold it only takes a minute to do. you would be suprised with the bigger combines being taller how many power lines you can take down with it up just my two cents good luck on your new machine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts