The Combine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience with the grain loss funnels on the a post, They seem very irratic. has anyone had this problem.

·
Registered
22 Posts
What crop are you harvesting? What seed size are you using? Have you tried increasing the seed size by a small amount, and did that help? Did you try increasing the seed size by a large amount, and did that help?

What loss sensitivities are you using for rotor and cleaning? Are the losses very low, requiring very high sensitives to fill the triangle your desired amount?

Are both rotor and cleaning loss erratic, or only one?

Quote:Im confused... Funnels on the A-Post?? is this something new?
The analog grain loss monitor from the 2588 has been replaced with a digital display - a triangular shaped funnel that shades a certain amount of the triangle based on the amount of grain loss.

·
Registered
247 Posts
You can see it just fine. I like it compared to the "old" display. No more flashing green lights which were really annoying after dark.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree I also don't know if I fully understand what these "funnels" are supposed to be telling me on my 7010. They seem to bounce around a fair amount and aren't very consistent. How is everyone else setting their sensitivity? I have tried to follow the manual but it doesn't seem to be the most clear. TIA

·
Registered
247 Posts
But it's really the same thing. Set your monitor to run in the middle based on what you see on the ground. Then when you're harvesting if the monitor is mostly in the left section of the triangle you can likely speed up a bit. If it's between the lines you're where you should be. If it's in the right section then slow down. This is not an exact science, just a guide but I do agree that it will can run off the right end quite quickly and maybe that's a good thing. It gets you to slow down quicker.

·
Registered
560 Posts
what is the value of having more precision in the meters? If your losses are too high, they're too high, whether you can see it in 1% increments or 20%... Right?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts