The Combine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went from green to red in hopes of better performance and less upkeep. So far it has been a disappointment. 6088 with 8 row 2408 running 2.7-3.2 mph and sometimes unable to unload on the go. Have 8 spike bars in back half of rotor to help with rotor loss which seems to be part of problem. Corn running 180-220 around 24% moisture. Fuel filters changed and air filter clean. Should I speed up corn head to take in less trash? Really frustrated.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did the power problem just start or has it been like that all season?

I also thought I had a power problem, but found out it was hybrid specific. I went from running almost 5 mph in 200 bushel (dry) corn at 22% to struggling to go 3 mph with the same yield at 25% moisture in a different hybrid.

After talking to a seed rep and agronomist there have been some complaints this year in certain hybrids that have developed a "hard cob" due to low GDD that are extremely hard shelling. I was extremely happy to finish that hybrid and the combine returned to "normal".

This is just a possibility that I had never had experienced prior to this year. In most situations you should be easily able to go 4.5+ MPH in what you described unless there is some other problem.

·
Registered
53 Posts
My nieghbor had power problem's with his 7088, Case were out and checked everything under the sun, finally at the end of thier rope mechanic checked waste-gate on turbo. Turns out it was jammed shut, they installed a complete new turbo, power returned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I lost power suddenly and motor exhaust excessive smoke. A 3 in clamp had broken near air intake located behind motor at back of combine.Good Luck
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts