The Combine Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a 6088 but I am having a hard time going back to single front drive tires (800/65R32 - like 30.5's). I am currently running a 2388 with 18.4x42 duals and have grown accustomed to the stability. The tires do look set a little wider than the last combine with singles I had (2188), so I do not know if stability would be an issue if I move to a 30 or 35ft. platform. I do farm mainly (80%) flatter ground with silty clay loam soil types. I know the singles should work better in mud and would save quite a bit of $$$ compared with duals.

I am looking for opinions with my type of ground would the singles still work out for me even with a heavier machine or should I look for larger flotation fronts or duals. Thanks in advance for your replies.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Floaters (76.50.00x32) suck on the road. If you have to move you better move at night when they are hot. Not in the morning when they are cold, or you won't be able to stay in the seat. Floaters will work if they stay on top. The minute they sink they will bog you down and cut really huge ruts. We had 18.4R42 duals on our 2188 and they were great. They would go through anything. When we bought our 8010 it had 900 metrics on it and they were ok in the field, but they bounced bad on the road too. So I had the dealer take them off and put 20.8R42 duals on it. I love them. They ride great on the road, and will go through just about anything. The duals are also more stable in my book. Good Luck.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts