The Combine Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone else have a new XX** series and for some reason it left a trail threw the field?

got excited when i knew it wouldn't pile up on the back axle and i left the spreaders like there supposed to be but noticed a trail last year..

so i went ahead and switched them like ive been doing for years so that it wouldn't leave a trail...

same issue just different area i guess..lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check the length of the chaff pan (pan between your chaffer sieve and the spreader disks). The original pan had a length front to back of 30 3/4". The new pan has an increased length of 33 5/16". If you have the short pan you could try lengthening it with a 5" wide sheet of 1/4" poly. You may need to raise the rear of the pan up by 1 1/2" so that it clears the spreader paddles.

·
Registered
247 Posts
There is a triangular piece that bolts to the chaff pan that is suppose to close the gap between the spreaders but it is too small. We had a bigger one made. I'll get back to you next week with the size. Heading out the door for a week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We lengthened our trash board on our 7088 and also extended the "V" as close to the spreaders as possible. Something else that a dealer shared with us is to install a vertical flap between the spreader shafts so the debris falls straight down. Most of the new 88's in our area have a factory installed board between the shafts so the trash falls straight down. The problem was that the trash was coming out so fast that it was hitting between the spreaders and not getting a chance to get spread.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ya i think i know what your mean...there's to clip pins on a wire covered in plastic and you unhook those and then that piece moves.. (can't recall where too) maybe comes towards you..???

not sure if i ever tried that or not..

·
Registered
6 Posts
The piece I am talking about will bolt up to that hinged flap. We left the flap in the same position and added about 12" to it. I think the factory installed piece is longer. Seemed to help when we cut wheat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts