The Combine Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
we put auto steer on our 245 in January thru our pro 600 and that was in the 13 area, not sure if it is more or less for combines or not since they are all guidance ready from factory i believe

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if all new combines soon will be guidamce ready..where if u wanted u could use the autosteer threw the pro 600...I wouldn't complain...as long as our rates didn't jump to much hourly..

·
Registered
38 Posts
well that is kinda the way our 245 came was quidance ready but we had to purchase the cables etc. to hook it all up plus the pro 600 monitor

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would love if they made that standard just don't want the hourly cost to jump. it still seems like our roll program works great and saves us time and money.

what did u have before the 6088

·
Registered
247 Posts
Have a 2144 and 2588. We traded the 2588 at the time we made the deal on the 6088 but then in the end decided to keep it and go to 3 machines.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
we have 2 36 ft's....the 2388 runs them really well i will admitt the extra ponies in the 2588 does help well and the hydro has a lil more spring in its step starting in the last year 2388... we harvest beans and corn....beans are usually dry enuff when we start and the combine handles the wet ones too.. green beans go threw a draper easier than a grain table..

there a lil more expensive to run..especially if the operator doesn't adjust the spring tension when he should... so its not the drapers fault more than mine.. it doesn't take long to get a runner wore out..

we did talk about tradeing to that new style since that looks to be a very good upgrade but we were shocked on what they wanted to give us for our draper...

4 years old at the time... another 30 grand to trade up!!!!!!

good luck with yours

·
Registered
26 Posts
The new 88 series combines are considered auto guidance ready, whereas, all the wiring required is already in the cab and the wiring to the rear steering sensor is in the RH chassis harness. Only a Auto Guidance chassis harness needs to be added, this plugs into the A/G controller and then connects to the cab bulkhead connector, the steering valve harness also needs to be installed which plug into a harness already on the combine. A customer can order the combine from the factory as a auto guidance ready combine where it is already fitted with all the wiring and hydraulics but lacking the controller in the event the customer already has one on other equipment. The new 88 series combine is also considered precision farming ready in the cab.

·
Registered
560 Posts
The new 88 series combines are considered auto guidance ready, whereas, all the wiring required is already in the cab and the wiring to the rear steering sensor is in the RH chassis harness. Only a Auto Guidance chassis harness needs to be added, this plugs into the A/G controller and then connects to the cab bulkhead connector, the steering valve harness also needs to be installed which plug into a harness already on the combine. A customer can order the combine from the factory as a auto guidance ready combine where it is already fitted with all the wiring and hydraulics but lacking the controller in the event the customer already has one on other equipment. The new 88 series combine is also considered precision farming ready in the cab.

88 Series and 20 Series combines do not come standard from the factory (at least for MY2009) equipped as indicated above. There are separate codes in the price book that must be ordered to make the machine Guidance-Ready (everything needed to run autoguidance except the nav controller/harness, receiver and display) or Guidance-Complete (everything needed to run autoguidance).

88 Series combines are display-ready, and can be ordered with or without the AFS Pro 600 display.

·
Registered
26 Posts
88 Series and 20 Series combines do not come standard from the factory (at least for MY2009) equipped as indicated above. There are separate codes in the price book that must be ordered to make the machine Guidance-Ready (everything needed to run autoguidance except the nav controller/harness, receiver and display) or Guidance-Complete (everything needed to run autoguidance).

88 Series combines are display-ready, and can be ordered with or without the AFS Pro 600 display.

It comes down to what I consider ready and what the pricebook says. All the wiring in the cab required for auto guidance is standard equipment, whereas, on the previous 2588's, all of the wiring had to be added. There is a lot less work to do on the new 88 series combines if you do not order any Auto Guidance options. Same is true for precision farming, on the old machine, it the combine did not come with precision farming from the factory, all kinds of wiring had to be installed in the field including the cab.

·
Registered
560 Posts
It comes down to what I consider ready and what the pricebook says. All the wiring in the cab required for auto guidance is standard equipment, whereas, on the previous 2588's, all of the wiring had to be added. There is a lot less work to do on the new 88 series combines if you do not order any Auto Guidance options. Same is true for precision farming, on the old machine, it the combine did not come with precision farming from the factory, all kinds of wiring had to be installed in the field including the cab.

yes, that is basically correct
The one exception would be the manual override sensor/harness mounted on the steering column. If you get the machine without any guidance options, I believe you will not get this sensor.

It will sure be nice when everything comes factory-fit...

·
Registered
998 Posts
[/quote]

yes, that is basically correct
The one exception would be the manual override sensor/harness mounted on the steering column. If you get the machine without any guidance options, I believe you will not get this sensor.

It will sure be nice when everything comes factory-fit...[/quote]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's only the 20 series that has the steering column sensor and the 88 series has a pressure sensor in the ram?

·
Registered
560 Posts
the very early 88 series (pre-release) had a pressure sensor. All guidance-ready/complete production units have a tone wheel similar to 20 series.

the early ones are supposed to get updated, I think

1 - 19 of 19 Posts