The Combine Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went to move my 6175 to park it properly for the winter and the starter wouldn't engage. I hooked up the charger and went for breakffast. Came back and it still wouldn't engage (wouldnt even click) so I figured the clutch safety switch was bad. Since I'm done for the season I figured I'd bypass it and move it to the shop, there are 6 wires going to it (should have jogged my memory that it controlled more than the starter) so I poked them together with the open end of a wrench while holding the key turned. Nothing (well a small spark on one set).
Made sure the park brake was engaged and it was in neutral, jumped it at the starter and it fired right up. Let it warm up and went to move it, no tach reading. Shut it off and restarted by jumping the starter again still no tach. Tried to move it and there is no reading on the digital display for the transmission, no movement at all. I'm hoping I just wrecked the switch (which may have been bad already?) or there is a fuse somewhere.

I know I'm an idiot, finished fieldwork last night and its supposed to be -26C in 3 days so I'm frantically putting stuff away for the season.

Anybody have knowledge of these things?

Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
27 Posts
Ronski,i have an Agco 9690 that sometimes is touchy on starting with park safety, clutch safety etc. Looks like there are some relays coming from the power feed thru terminal from the starter (red) wire going to ignition.The red/Gray powers up the powershift monitor. Did you check fuses between clutch and brake?good luck

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.