The Combine Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with a 630 head pushing about 1 to 2 feet from the right side. I have tried adjusting the height paddles underneath with no luck. It is on a 9770 combine and it seems like the contour master is always leaning to the right making that side much heavier.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did the head calibrate and the contour master calibrate, ok? How much hydraulic down pressure are you running? Are the guard tips running level? Also, is the plate that the guards bolt to bent at the point where it is pushing?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Head and contour both calibrated fine. Running 1500 to 1800 pounds, doesnt seem to make any difference. Book says I should be able to run much lower. How much should the feederhouse be tilted with 710/38 fronts and 28l26 rears? I have it about in the middle. It just seems really heavy on the right side.

·
Registered
400 Posts
drop the feeder house so the center bolt of the fore/aft tilt on the feeder house is 34" off of the ground, then adjust the front plate until the front face is perpendicular to the ground.

have had a couple heads act kind of like this, had to loosen all of the mount bolts for the end float arms and then raise and lower a couple times to let everything find "home", then tighten, after that, it worked normally

1 - 4 of 4 Posts