The Combine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was having trouble last fall harvest with my 630f height sensors on my 9770 combine. One sensor always seem to be "out of range" said the code. For wheat harvest this year I bolted up my header in the rigid position and my outside two sensors still are "out of range". There are 3 total, left, center, and right. Their voltage reading in the up position is .03, .01, .05 respectively. In float they are around 1.25v if I remember correctly... I'm sick of it always BUZZING at me! any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
778 Posts
The range on the sensors is 0.5 to 4.5 volts. If it ever goes above or below this range you will get the alarm. Normal readings should be about 1 volt with cutterbar fully raised (or header pressed down on the ground) and 3.5 to 4 volts with cutterbar dropped but header off the ground. Center sensor can be adjusted behind a small triangle shield directly below the right reel lift cylinder, just above the ground. It reads off a rod that runs the full length of the header and touches all the float arms that locate the cutterbar. The right and left sensors are attached to the far left and right float arms with a small rod linkage. Often the tab that the rod bolts to gets bent upwards and this will give you the incorrect voltage reading. Just bend it back with a cresent wrench. You'll need to recalibrate the header once you get all the sensors set.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did try to calibrate the header but it won't let me, it says the center sensor is out of range. I'll check those other things, thanks greentech

1 - 4 of 4 Posts